Creamy Fruited Turkey Salad
This light and refreshing salad is ideal for lunch or a quick dinner. The creamy dressing never lets on that it's light! Angela Miller - Nampa, Idaho
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 1-1/4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1/4 cup fat-free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- In a serving bowl, combine the apple, turkey, pineapple and grapes.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sour
- cream, lemon juice and mayonnaise. Fold into the turkey mixture.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 182 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 146 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.