Creamy Fruit Salad
With crowd-pleasing fruits like apples, bananas and grapes plus crunchy pecans, this wonderful salad doesn't last long on potluck buffets. I never bring home leftovers - just an empty bowl.
-Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped or 2 cups whipped topping
- 6 medium red apples, diced
- 6 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 3 cups halved green grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a heavy saucepan, combine orange and pineapple juices, sugar, egg
- and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high
- heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- When cool, fold in the whipped cream. In a large serving bowl, toss
- apples with remaining lemon juice. Add bananas and grapes. Add the
- dressing; stir to coat. Refrigerate. Fold in pecans just before
- serving. Yield: 20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with egg substitute equivalent to 1 egg and reduced-fat whipped topping) equals 111 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber,