Creamy Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped or 2 cups whipped topping
- 6 medium red apples, diced
- 6 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 3 cups halved green grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine orange and pineapple juices, sugar, egg and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- 2. When cool, fold in the whipped cream. In a large serving bowl, toss apples with remaining lemon juice. Add bananas and grapes. Add the dressing; stir to coat. Refrigerate. Fold in pecans just before serving. Yield: 20 servings.
One serving (prepared with egg substitute equivalent to 1 egg and reduced-fat whipped topping) equals 111 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.