Creamy Fruit Mold
Because it can be made ahead, a gelatin salad like this one, brimming with fruit and nuts, is so convenient. This salad (another old standby from the cooking show I watched years ago) comes out of the mold easily and looks very attractive when served.
-Shirley Leister, West Chester, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and gelatin. Add water, stir until
- gelatin is dissolved. Refrigerate until thickened, about 1 hour,
- stirring frequently. Add mayonnaise; whisk until smooth. Stir in
- fruit and pecans. Pour into a 1-qt. mold that has been coated with
- cooking spray. Chill until firm. Unmold onto a serving platter.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 289 calories, 19 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.