Creamy Fruit Medley
Last but not least, Yvonne tosses together an effortless sweet treat to cap off the meal. "I received the recipe for Creamy Fruit Medley from a friend of my mother's years ago," she recalls. "I always have the ingredients on hand in case I need a quick dessert.
"Any flavor of gelatin works well, and sometimes I spoon it into individual parfait glasses instead of serving it in one big bowl," Yv
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, optional
- Set aside 1 cup whipped topping. Place the remaining topping in a
- large bowl; sprinkle with gelatin and stir until combined. Fold in
- the pineapple, oranges, marshmallows and pecans if desired. Garnish
- with reserved topping. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 403 calories, 13 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 44 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.