Last but not least, Yvonne tosses together an effortless sweet treat to cap off the meal. "I received the recipe for Creamy Fruit Medley from a friend of my mother's years ago," she recalls. "I always have the ingredients on hand in case I need a quick dessert. "Any flavor of gelatin works well, and sometimes I spoon it into individual parfait glasses instead of serving it in one big bowl," Yvonne suggests. "Everyone enjoys it."
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Set aside 1 cup whipped topping. Place the remaining topping in a large bowl; sprinkle with gelatin and stir until combined. Fold in the pineapple, oranges, marshmallows and pecans if desired. Garnish with reserved topping. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Fruit Medley in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p21
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Fruit Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review