Creamy Fruit Medley Recipe
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Set aside 1 cup whipped topping. Place the remaining topping in a large bowl; sprinkle with gelatin and stir until combined. Fold in the pineapple, oranges, marshmallows and pecans if desired. Garnish with reserved topping. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Fruit Medley
Sort By :
My daughter loves mandarin oranges & I was looking for an easy fruit side complimentary salad to add to her birthday dinner. This hit the spot. She loved it too! Tasty, cool with a nice citrus taste, I used a smaller container of cool whip so it would be more fruity. Nice compliment fruity salad with dinner.
exactly what I was looking for from my childhood!!!
I did have to adjust tho, as I needed a large qty of fluff and didn't have enough fruit. I made a quadruple (4) batch of fluff but only had pineapplen mandarins for 2 of the batches n only 16 oz of coolwhip...I know, why bother right? nononono!
I added a small container of heavy whipping cream(unbeaten, just as a liquid) to sub for the missing cool whip and used the equivalent of peach slices (mashed between my fingers to smaller pieces) to make up for the missing fruit.
I also mixed the fruit with the jello first till jello was dissolved n then folded in coolwhip/marshmellows and whipping cream. this turned out wonderfully for our church felloship dinner n many asked for the recipe n asked me to bring it more often n in different flavors for our ladies meetings!
thank you for giving me back a beloved dessert from 30 years ago!