- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Set aside 1 cup whipped topping. Place the remaining topping in a large bowl; sprinkle with gelatin and stir until combined. Fold in the pineapple, oranges, marshmallows and pecans if desired. Garnish with reserved topping. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Fruit Medley
Sort By :
"My daughter loves mandarin oranges & I was looking for an easy fruit side complimentary salad to add to her birthday dinner. This hit the spot. She loved it too! Tasty, cool with a nice citrus taste, I used a smaller container of cool whip so it would be more fruity. Nice compliment fruity salad with dinner."
"exactly what I was looking for from my childhood!!!I did have to adjust tho, as I needed a large qty of fluff and didn't have enough fruit. I made a quadruple (4) batch of fluff but only had pineapplen mandarins for 2 of the batches n only 16 oz of coolwhip...I know, why bother right? nononono!I added a small container of heavy whipping cream(unbeaten, just as a liquid) to sub for the missing cool whip and used the equivalent of peach slices (mashed between my fingers to smaller pieces) to make up for the missing fruit.I also mixed the fruit with the jello first till jello was dissolved n then folded in coolwhip/marshmellows and whipping cream. this turned out wonderfully for our church felloship dinner n many asked for the recipe n asked me to bring it more often n in different flavors for our ladies meetings!thank you for giving me back a beloved dessert from 30 years ago!"