Creamy Fruit Delight
Everyone will want to save room for this fun make-ahead dessert that uses convenient canned fruit and pie filling. I like to garnish each dish with a peach half, kiwi slices and whipped topping.
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (6 ounces) peach baby food
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach pie filling
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the baby
- food, ginger and nutmeg. Stir in the pie filling, fruit cocktail,
- oranges and pineapple. Fold in whipped topping, marshmallows and
- nuts. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 264 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.