- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Dash salt
- 4 medium navel oranges, sectioned, divided
- 3 cups seedless grapes, divided
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh mint, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set pineapple aside. Pour juice into a double boiler; add the egg yolks, sugar, vinegar, butter and salt. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture thickens and a thermometer reads at least 160°. Cool.
- Stir in the pineapple, three oranges, 2-1/2 cups grapes and marshmallows. Cover and chill for at least 12 hours.
- Fold in whipped cream just before serving. Top with remaining oranges and grapes. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Fruit Bowl
"Sorry, mistyping : Is the vinegar......"
"I the vinegar necessary? Couldn't I use lemon juice instead?"
"Lovely to see on the table and tasty to eat. I use canned mandarin oranges when I don't have fresh oranges."