- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) frozen white grape-raspberry juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups whipped topping
- Chocolate curls or grated chocolate, optional
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the concentrate, cream cheese and sugar. Cover and process until smooth; pour into a large bowl and fold in the whipped topping. Pour over the crust. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Frozen Raspberry Dessert
"I love raspberries! I plan on using the crust from my frozen strawberry desset. It is like a sugar cookie dough that gets baked then broken up. It adds just the right crunch and flavor."
"Very yummy dessert! Extremely fast and easy to make, I bought a pre-made pie crust and it worked great. I agree that 4 cups of whipped topping is probably too much. Not too sweet, a little tart but very delicious!"
"Great dessert! Nice that it wasn't too sweet. I wasn't able to find the concentrate listed so I used raspberry concentrate without grape. I will definitely make this again!"
"I couldn't find chocolate wafers so I used vanilla flavored ones. Worked out great! What a yummy dessert!"
"I used a prepackaged chocolate cookie crust, which cut down on the prep time. I too found using 4 c whipped topping was too much. I would cut it down to 2 c next time also. It was a light, refreshing dessert! I would make it again!"
"This was a nice dessert but needs more oomph. Next time I'd fold some frozen fruit in to give more flavour. Also, you need to thaw the whipped topping before you can fold it in ... this wasn't stated in the original recipe. Next time I'm making it with OJ concentrate and mandarin orange segments mixed in."
"I used 4 cups of the whipped topping and it was way too much to fit into the 9 inch springform pan, so next time I would only use 2 cups of whipped topping."