Creamy Frozen Fruit Cups Recipe
I love to prepare these cool, fluffy fruit cups to give a refreshing boost to many meals. They've been well received at family gatherings and summer barbecues. There's no last-minute fuss since you make them well in advance.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Halve 9 cherries; chop the remaining cherries. Set aside halved cherries and 18 orange segments for garnish. Add the pineapple, pecans and chopped cherries to cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped topping and remaining oranges.
- 2. Line muffin cups with paper or foil liners. Spoon fruit mixture into cups; garnish with reserved cherries and oranges. Freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Top with mint if desired. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 161 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC