Creamy Frozen Fruit Cups
I love to prepare these cool, fluffy fruit cups to give a refreshing boost to many meals. They've been well received at family gatherings and summer barbecues. There's no last-minute fuss since you make them well in advance.
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Halve
- 9 cherries; chop the remaining cherries. Set aside halved cherries
- and 18 oranges for garnish. Add the pineapple, pecans and chopped
- cherries to cream cheese mixture.Fold in whipped topping and
- remaining oranges.
- Line muffin cups with paper or foil liners. Spoon fruit mixture into
- cups; garnish with reserved cherries and oranges. Freeze until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Top with mint if
- desired. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 161 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.