I love to prepare these cool, fluffy fruit cups to give a refreshing boost to many meals. They've been well received at family gatherings and summer barbecues. There's no last-minute fuss since you make them well in advance.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Halve 9 cherries; chop the remaining cherries. Set aside halved cherries and 18 orange segments for garnish. Add the pineapple, pecans and chopped cherries to cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped topping and remaining oranges.
- Line muffin cups with paper or foil liners. Spoon fruit mixture into cups; garnish with reserved cherries and oranges. Freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Top with mint if desired. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Creamy Frozen Fruit Cups in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p33
Reviews for Creamy Frozen Fruit Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review