- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and onion; cook and stir 10-12 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Remove soup from heat; cool slightly. Stir in lemon juice, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Process in batches in a blender until smooth. Serve with yogurt and lemon peel. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Fresh Asparagus Soup in Taste of Home April/May 2014
Reviews for Creamy Fresh Asparagus Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review