Creamy Flan Recipe
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup egg substitute
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a small skillet over medium-low heat, cook 3 tablespoons sugar until melted, about 5 minutes. Do not stir. Reduce heat to low; cook for 5 minutes or until syrup is golden brown, stirring occasionally. Quickly pour into two ungreased 6-ounce custard cups or ramekins, tilting to coat bottom of dish. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a small saucepan, heat milk until bubbles form around sides of saucepan. Remove from the heat. In a small bowl, whisk egg substitute and remaining sugar. Stir half of the warm milk into egg mixture; return all to pan and mix well. Add vanilla. Slowly pour into prepared dishes.
- 3. Place dishes in a baking pan. Fill pan with boiling water to a depth of 3/4 in. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until center is just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove to a wire rack; cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 4. Run a knife around edge and invert each dish onto a small rimmed serving dish. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 221 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Flan
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.