Creamy Fettuccine Recipe
This recipe has been a family favorite for years. It's special enough for holiday celebrations but simple enough for weeknight meals.—Cheryl Ross, Grand Forks, British Columbia
- 1 package (8 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter until tender.
- 2. Add the cream cheese, cream and remaining butter; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add tomatoes, peas, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Drain fettuccine; top with cream sauce and Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 634 calories, 45 g fat (28 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 380 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC