Creamy Fettuccine with Ham and Peas
When Valerie Holter's husband was stationed with the Navy in Italy, she enjoyed the local cuisine. "I loved the pasta and learned to make this rich dish from frequent restaurant visits," she notes from Waveland, Mississippi. Tip: Valerie recommends preparing it with spinach fettuccine if it's available at your supermarket.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, cook fettuccine according to package directions;
- drain. Add the ham, peas, cheese, cream and fettuccine to pan. Cook
- and stir until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 431 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 1,097 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.