When Valerie Holter's husband was stationed with the Navy in Italy, she enjoyed the local cuisine. "I loved the pasta and learned to make this rich dish from frequent restaurant visits," she notes from Waveland, Mississippi. Tip: Valerie recommends preparing it with spinach fettuccine if it's available at your supermarket.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Add the ham, peas, cheese, cream and fettuccine to pan. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Ham Fettuccine in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p25
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Fettuccine with Ham and Peas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review