Garlic and feta make a powerfully tasty pair in this addictive dip from Elissa Armbruster, Medford, New Jersey. “I first tried it at a party and had to drag myself away from the bowl!”
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh vegetables and/or sliced bread
- Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter; place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until yogurt has thickened to the consistency of whipped cream.
- Transfer yogurt to a food processor (discard liquid from bowl). Add the feta cheese, cream cheese, sour cream and garlic; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the spinach, dill and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with vegetables and/or bread. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Creamy Feta-Spinach Dip in Country Woman December/January 2008, p37
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Creamy Feta-Spinach Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2011