Creamy Feta-Spinach Dip Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh vegetables and/or sliced bread
- 1. Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter; place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until yogurt has thickened to the consistency of whipped cream.
- 2. Transfer yogurt to a food processor (discard liquid from bowl). Add the feta cheese, cream cheese, sour cream and garlic; cover and process until smooth.
- 3. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the spinach, dill and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with vegetables and/or bread. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without vegetables or bread): 68 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Creamy Feta-Spinach Dip