Creamy Egg Spread Recipe
"We like this cool, creamy spread on rye crackers or tiny slices of cocktail rye bread," relates field editor Denise Goedeken of Platte Center, Nebraska.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Pinch white pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine first five ingredients; process until smooth. Add egg quarters, one at a time, blending well after each addition. Add cream cheese, salt and pepper; process until creamy. Stir in dill if desired. Yield: 2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 99 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC