Creamy Egg Spread Recipe
"We like this cool, creamy spread on rye crackers or tiny slices of cocktail rye bread," relates field editor Denise Goedeken of Platte Center, Nebraska.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Pinch white pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine first five ingredients; process until smooth. Add egg quarters, one at a time, blending well after each addition. Add cream cheese, salt and pepper; process until creamy. Stir in dill if desired. Yield: 2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 99 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC