Creamy Egg Salad Sandwiches Recipe
My family looks forward to these sandwiches year-round. But I reach for this recipe most often after Easter, when I have lots of leftover hard-cooked eggs.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:4 servings
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 8 slices rye bread
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients until smooth. Stir in eggs. Chill for 1 hour.
- 2. Spread 1/2 cup onto four slices of bread. Cover with remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 437 calories, 26 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 358 mg cholesterol, 804 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC