My family looks forward to these sandwiches year-round. But I reach for this recipe most often after Easter, when I have lots of leftover hard-cooked eggs.
Recommended: 23 Things to Make with Leftover Corned Beef
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 8 slices rye bread
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients until smooth. Stir in eggs. Chill for 1 hour.
- Spread 1/2 cup onto four slices of bread. Cover with remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Egg Salad Sandwiches in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p93
Reviews for Creamy Egg Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2011
"This turned out deliciously!!!~ Theresa"