- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in green pepper, celery, relish and parsley. Fold in eggs. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews for Creamy Egg Salad
"My husband didn't like (and wouldn't eat) egg salad but he Really likes this! It was easy to prepare and quit tasty. I did add one finely chopped green onion for some extra zip, but otherwise - no changes. Due to his dietary restrictions, it is hard to find recipes that will fit into his eating plan. This is just the ticket. Thanks for a wonderful recipe!"
"This recipe takes egg salad up a notch, although I had to make a couple substitutions and one addition, so this review may not be fair. I do not like sweet pickle relish, so in went my usual dill relish. Even though I did not have cream cheese on hand, its addition to egg salad intrigued me. I did have Top the Tater chive and onion sour cream and added that to mayo instead-plus a touch of mustard. I have never done that with egg salad before. I then added the celery, sweet pepper, and some additional onion. Oh, my goodness, nummy!"
"Really good! I took it up a notch with chopped bacon. Very creamy and wonderful!"
"Pretty good. Prepared as written, it lacked the flavor that I usually like in egg salad. We doctored it up with some added celery salt, toasted onion powder and a bit of mustard."
"This egg salad is delicious. I did leave out the celery. I will make this again and again. Thank for for this recipe."