Creamy Dressing Over Asparagus Recipe
There's a sweet story behind Marie Hattrup's versatile dressing, which can be used on all different kinds of salads (including potato). "After baking an angel food cake, my mother would whip up this dressing using the leftover egg yolks."
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground mustard
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cooked fresh asparagus spears
- Sliced tomato
- Escarole or endive
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 160° and is thickened. Remove from the heat; whisk for 1 minute. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Just before serving, whisk in the cream until blended. Arrange asparagus and tomato on lettuce-lined plates; spoon dressing over top. Yield: about 1 cup.
2 tablespoon: 119 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (6g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Creamy Dressing Over Asparagus
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC