Creamy Dressing Over Asparagus Recipe
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground mustard
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cooked fresh asparagus spears
- Sliced tomato
- Escarole or endive
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 160° and is thickened. Remove from the heat; whisk for 1 minute. Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, whisk in the cream until blended. Arrange asparagus and tomato on lettuce-lined plates; spoon dressing over top. Yield: about 1 cup.
Originally published as Creamy Dressing Over Asparagus in Country Woman May/June 2000, p41
Reviews for Creamy Dressing Over Asparagus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review