- 2 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place cucumbers in a colander over a bowl; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand 15 minutes. Squeeze and blot dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in cucumbers. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Dilled Cucumber Salad
Sort By :
Surprisingly, my kids who love tzatziki didn't care for this, but that's very much what it tastes like! It was a little fussy to blot all those cucumber slices, but otherwise simple to make. My son suggested it might be better with crumbled feta added.
I loved it, cool and refreshing. My mom used to do make hers simular to this one, took me back many years.
A big hit - reminded my husband of his Grandma's cucumber salad!! It was so easy to make too!
Love this summer time treat!
I always laugh when I read these reviews. So many substitutions that it isn't even the same recipe anymore, but someone gives it 5 stars! I will definitely make this just as written before I write a real review.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cucumber Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Salads >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Salad Recipes >