- 2 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place cucumbers in a colander over a bowl; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand 15 minutes. Squeeze and blot dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in cucumbers. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Dilled Cucumber Salad
Sort By :
I didn't like this recipe at all, mostly because I don't like cucumbers (although I wasn't a big fan of the dressing either). My husband loved it as did most of the people I shared it with, though.
Best cucumber salad I've ever tasted. I realized when I was adding this recipe to my permanent recipe file that I had omitted the sugar but I can't imagine this being any better so I will leave it out from now on.
I I prepared this recipe on 6/12/13! I did make modifications to it-I just used 1 Tbsp.
cider vinegar, 1/2 cup Kraft Creamy Poppyseed Dressing! I also used half of a
sliced red onion and instead of dill, I used
fresh chives from our chive patch & finely cut the chives! I'd say it was about 1/8 cup! I did keep the salt amount the same & I partially peeled the cukes-I used 3 regular cucumbers! I did use both the garlic cloves and the ground pepper, but purposely omitted the sugar! I also used the salt on the cuke slices, tossed, then let sit for the 15 minutes, & drained the liquid off the cuke slices/blotted with paper
towels. My Mom & I served it the following evening for a salad dish and my Mom really liked this recipe-It's delicious!
Patty LaNoue Stearns, Thank you for sharing this recipe from your mother's
Made this for brunch and was big hit. Very refreshing, great flavor with the dill and red onion. I don't think I put enough salt on the cucumbers to drain the water out so will do that next time so it keeps for leftovers longer. Was really easy to make which is nice. Will make this one again.
very tasty and refreshing. nice blend of ingredients.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cucumber Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Salads >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Salad Recipes >