- 2 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place cucumbers in a colander over a bowl; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand 15 minutes. Squeeze and blot dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in cucumbers. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Dilled Cucumber Salad
Sort By :
Love this summer time treat!
I always laugh when I read these reviews. So many substitutions that it isn't even the same recipe anymore, but someone gives it 5 stars! I will definitely make this just as written before I write a real review.
I didn't like this recipe at all, mostly because I don't like cucumbers (although I wasn't a big fan of the dressing either). My husband loved it as did most of the people I shared it with, though.
Best cucumber salad I've ever tasted. I realized when I was adding this recipe to my permanent recipe file that I had omitted the sugar but I can't imagine this being any better so I will leave it out from now on.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cucumber Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Salads >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Salad Recipes >