Creamy Dilled Cucumber Salad
This crunchy, savory side dish, a Norwegian favorite, was a staple at all of our family holidays. —Patty LaNoue Stearns, Traverse City, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place cucumbers in a colander over a bowl; sprinkle with salt and
- toss. Let stand 15 minutes. Squeeze and blot dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in
- cucumbers. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 143 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 416 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.