Creamy Dilled Carrots Recipe
I'm not sure where my love of cooking comes from, but I speculate it's because I like to eat! This recipe from a treasured cookbook is a wonderfully different way to serve carrots. They do with most any meal and add nice color to the table.—Howard Koch, Lima, Ohio
- 4 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of white pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons dill weed or 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- In a saucepan, combine carrots, water, butter, salt, sugar and pepper. Cover and simmer until carrots are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Drain liquid into a small saucepan; set the carrots aside and keep warm. Bring liquid to a boil. In a small bowl, combine flour and cream until smooth; slowly add to liquid, stirring constantly. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour over the carrots; stir in dill. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Dilled Carrots in Taste of Home April/May 1994, p47
Reviews for Creamy Dilled Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2013
"I made these last year for Christmas and everyone loved them, they will appear again this year by popular demand."