The moist salmon steaks and simple sauce are cooked in the same skillet for each prep and cleanup. "Friends have found this dinner to be elegant and delicious," says Valerie Hutson of Byron, Minnesota.
Recommended: 42 Recipes to Boost Your Vitamin D
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 4 salmon steaks (1 inch thick)
- In a large skillet, saute the onions in butter. Add the soup, cream, wine or broth and dill. Place salmon steaks on top. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Dill Salmon Steaks in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p38