The moist salmon steaks and simple sauce are cooked in the same skillet for each prep and cleanup. "Friends have found this dinner to be elegant and delicious," says Valerie Hutson of Byron, Minnesota.
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 4 salmon steaks (1 inch thick)
- In a large skillet, saute the onions in butter. Add the soup, cream, wine or broth and dill. Place salmon steaks on top. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Dill Salmon Steaks in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p38
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Dill Salmon Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review