Creamy Dill Cucumbers
"My grown daughter, Jenna, and I love this quick cucumber salad. It's a great side dish for any meal," writes Lucia Rich from ST. Peters, Missouri. "I always keep cucumbers and red onion on hand to fix it, but it's the dill that makes it special."
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 2/3 cup sliced red onion, separated into rings
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, mayonnaise, sour cream, dressing
- mix, dill, celery seed and pepper. Stir in the cucumbers and onion.
- Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 108 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 435 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.