Creamy Dijon Pork Chops
The mustard cream adds a nice touch to this speedy skillet supper. My family prefers them to plain pork chops. Janet Briggs
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/4 to 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a large skillet, cook pork chops in oil over medium heat for 5
- minutes on each side. Add onion; cook for 5 minutes or until onion
- is lightly browned and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle
- with paprika, salt and pepper. Remove pork and onions; keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook wine over high heat until reduced to 1-2
- tablespoons, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; add cream.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove
- from the heat; stir in mustard. Serve with pork and onions. Yield: 4
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.