- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 small onion, halved and very thinly sliced
- Minced fresh parsley
- Whisk together cream, mustard and brown sugar. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to even thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat; brown chicken on both sides. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and cream mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Dijon Chicken
"I was looking for that "something different" chicken recipe. Found it! I didn't have cream on hand so used milk and sour cream instead. Took others advice and made extra sauce. Excellent results!"
"Tasty, moist chicken. Great!"
"Delicious! I followed the recipe exactly as written except I used more onion. There was plenty of sauce, but will double the amount next time."