Creamy Deviled Eggs
These deviled eggs are nicely flavored with a tang of mustard and a spark of sweetness from pickle relish. We served them at the wedding reception of my daughter, Katherine Beth, and Patrick Althouse.
36 ServingsPrep: 1 hour + chilling
- 36 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Paprika and sprigs fresh parsley, stems removed
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set yolks and whites
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the mayonnaise,
- relish, mustard, salt, pepper and reserved yolks; mix well. Stuff or
- pipe into egg whites. Garnish with paprika and parsley. Refrigerate
- several hours before serving. Yield: 6 dozen.
Tip: For convenience, eggs can be cooked, peeled and chilled up to 2 days before serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 172 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 222 mg cholesterol, 254 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.