Our family loves to eat Indian food, and this recipe is quick and easy to do with jarred korma sauce and fresh spring vegetables. If you want it hotter, add cayenne pepper to taste. Sometimes I add grilled chicken to the recipe. I serve this dish with naan bread, chutney and flaked coconut for condiments. So good!—Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 2 jars (15 ounces each) korma curry sauce
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), cubed
- 2 cups small fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Naan flatbreads or cooked basmati rice, optional
- In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker, combine curry sauce, curry powder, garam masala and mustard. Stir in potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, corn and green onions. Cook, covered, on low 7-9 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine asparagus and water; microwave, covered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Stir asparagus and peas into slow cooker; heat through. Sprinkle with parsley. If desired, serve with naan. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Curry Vegetable Stew in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2014, p53
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Creamy Curry Vegetable Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review