- 2 jars (15 ounces each) korma curry sauce
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), cubed
- 2 cups small fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Naan flatbreads or cooked basmati rice, optional
- In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker, combine curry sauce, curry powder, garam masala and mustard. Stir in potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, corn and green onions. Cook, covered, on low 7-9 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine asparagus and water; microwave, covered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Stir asparagus and peas into slow cooker; heat through. Sprinkle with parsley. If desired, serve with naan. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Creamy Curry Vegetable Stew
"I had high hopes for this dish, but it was just OK. It didn't taste like any korma I've ever had. The biggest problem for me was the overwhelming curry flavor. The jarred korma sauce probably already has curry in it, so adding another 2 tablespoons was overkill (the chicken korma I make from scratch calls for only 1 tablespoon in total). The cooking time was too long; mine was done in about 5-6 hours on Low, and the green onions had dissolved by that time. If I make this again, I'll use yellow onions instead, or leave them out altogether. I did add about 1/2 cup of raisins to the mix, and that was a good choice and one I would make again (I would also top each serving with some chopped cashews). Finally, do not use the optional cayenne pepper ... korma is supposed to be mild, not spicy."