Creamy Curry Shrimp Recipe
"We really like the spicy flavor of this seafood dish," notes Collette Conlan of Burleson, Texas. "You can give it even more zip by increasing the amount of hot pepper sauce. If your family doesn't like the taste of curry, try substituting paprika instead."
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked pasta or rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Sprinkle with curry powder; cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended. Stir in tomato paste. Gradually stir in water; then cream.
- 2. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Add shrimp; cook until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes. Serve with pasta. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Curry Shrimp
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC