Creamy Curried Turkey Recipe
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 5 toasted reduced-fat biscuits, split
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, apple, celery and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add turkey and peas; heat through. Serve with biscuits. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 416 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 1220mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Curried Turkey
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.