Creamy Curried Pumpkin Soup Recipe
“This rich, creamy soup is really quick and easy to make and always gets rave reviews,” writes Sarah Perry from Camarillo, California. “I serve it with banana bread or muffins and often double the recipe just to have leftovers!”
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onions with curry powder in butter until tender. Stir in flour. Gradually add broth and pumpkin. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Reduce heat. Stir in buttermilk and ham; heat through. Yield: 3 cups.
1 cup (prepared with reduced-sodium broth) equals 187 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 672 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC