“This rich, creamy soup is really quick and easy to make and always gets rave reviews,” writes Sarah Perry from Camarillo, California. “I serve it with banana bread or muffins and often double the recipe just to have leftovers!”
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- In a small saucepan, saute onions with curry powder in butter until tender. Stir in flour. Gradually add broth and pumpkin. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Stir in buttermilk and ham; heat through. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Curried Pumpkin Soup in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p19
Reviews for Creamy Curried Pumpkin Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review