- 1-1/2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle the chicken with curry, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in coconut milk and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Add spinach and tomato; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Curried Chicken
Sort By :
GUYS I MADE THIS LAST NIGHT AND OMG IT TASTE SO GOOD LIKE I LEGIT HAD SEX WITH THIS CHICKEN. CHICKEN CURRY? MORE LIKE CHICKEN BEDROOM-RYYYYY!!!! EVERYONE EAT THIS ITS SOOOOOOOOOO GOOODDDD!!!!! :)
Very yummy. Wisked in a little flour to thicken. My daughter said it was better than the curry dish we shared at a restaurant the other day. This is definately a keeper.
Taste is ok but I will make a few changes next time including:
- remove chicken after it has lost its "pinkness"
- next add tomatoes and spinach and cook until spinach has wilted
- return cooked chicken to the pan and add coconut milk.
- let simmer for a minute or 2
I paired this dish with coconut rice (coconut milk, basmati rice, and dried unsweetened coconut flakes). Next time I would add fresh pineapple pieces to rice near end of cooking time to add sweetness and freshness without adding sugar. Also topped rice with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime.
I changed it up a little bit because coconut milk is not something I can eat right now. Instead of the coconut milk, I added a tablespoon of coconut flour and 1 cup of half-n-half. The flour still gives it the hint of coconut without me breaking my diet! (Oh and I didn't serve it with the rice, I just put it in a bowl and ate it just as is.)