- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle the chicken with curry, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in coconut milk and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Add spinach and tomato; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Curried Chicken
"This was very easy. I did not have frozen spinach, so I used canned leaf spinach. It worked great. My husband said, "It's a keeper!"."
"Made this with no changes, then again adding grated carrots and 1 tsp. lemongrass. Excellent!"
"This is delicious. Added some grated carrots and a green pepper."
"This was my 1st time cooking with Curry, this dish is delish. I used 1can of Rotel & almost another can of roasted tomatoes instead of fresh. Also I removed chicken & left onions in pot then added spinach more curry & a little cayenne pepper with seasonal spice & chopped garlic . I doubled recipe and cooked tomatoes & spinach for at least 30 minutes. Then added coconut milk & put chicken back in pot. Really came out good thumbs up dish I will be trying again I also replaced white rice with saffron yellow rice great meal."
"This was amazing! I have a very picky 7-year old who won't eat just about everything healthy. He loved this and even ate the spinach! I've made this several times and it comes out perfect every time. The coconut milk gives a slight sweet flavor and a creamy texture.; so good!"