Creamy Cucumber Yogurt Dip Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. In a small bowl, combine yogurt and cream cheese. Stir in the cucumber, onion, dill, lemon juice, peel, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without vegetables) equals 63 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.