- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (thawed), chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients until blended. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Just before serving, fold cream and walnuts into cranberry mixture. Yield: 16 servings (1/2 cup each).
Reviews for Creamy Cranberry Salad
"I made this for Easter dinner and my family loved it! I did add more walnuts than the recipe called for, for that extra crunch. Also, I liked the idea of it staying fresh and not runny for a week after Easter. We ate every bite to the bottom of the bowl!"
"Really, Really Good. I was so happy to find a recipe that used whipping cream instead of chemical laden whipped toppings. I will definitely made this a lot."
"Followed the recipe, no changes and everyone loved it."
"I cook in an elementary school and made this for the kids and they loved it. I did not have whole cranberries so I used canned cranberry sauce and it worked fine. I also could not put in the walnuts due to allergies. This is a keeper and I will make it again."
"Absolutely will be making it again. It was very good and everyone else loved it too for Christmas. I would also halve the recipe for a smaller group. You don't have to wait just until you serve it to fold in the whipped cream and walnuts. It was fine the 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th day."