- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (thawed), chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients until blended. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Just before serving, fold cream and walnuts into cranberry mixture. Yield: 16 servings (1/2 cup each).
Reviews for Creamy Cranberry Salad
"I made this for Thanksgiving and it was barely touched! I think I need to stick to more traditional homemade cranberry relish. I ended up eating it all by myself for lunch for a week."
"I made this for Thanksgiving and it was a hit even with those who won't normally try anything different!"
"leecruz, the recipe calls for FRESH OR FROZEN cranberries. hope that this helps. :)"
"I guess I don't care for raw cranberries....everything was great about this recipe except for the toughness of the cranberries. I wonder if they can be partially cooked before adding to the salad. My husband felt the same way, as I noticed him trying to chew and swallow. Will try again or perhaps use the dreaded canned whole berry cranberry sauce."
"Small error estimate on "16 servings". Just made this for Thanksgiving 2016 and 7 people consumed it all!"
"Do you measure the cranberries before or after they are chopped?"
"Wonderful change from the cranberry salad I have been eating for 30 years! lol"
"I made this for Easter dinner and my family loved it! I did add more walnuts than the recipe called for, for that extra crunch. Also, I liked the idea of it staying fresh and not runny for a week after Easter. We ate every bite to the bottom of the bowl!"