- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (thawed), chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients until blended. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Just before serving, fold cream and walnuts into cranberry mixture. Yield: 16 servings (1/2 cup each).
Reviews for Creamy Cranberry Salad
Sort By :
"my family loved it, leftovers were better than the first day!!"
"awesome. made as written. I will be making every year now to take to both thanksgivings."
"This was really, really good!!! Great twist on a traditional ambrosia type salad. I chopped my cranberries in a food processor and it worked out great. I didn't let mine sit overnight either... It really only sat for a few hours and it was perfect. Of course Cool Whip can be used, but making your own whipped cream only takes a few minutes and is actually kinda fun. If you do use Cool Whip, you'll want to leave out some or all of the sugar because the whipped cream in this is unsweetened. Pecans are also great in this. One other note - my apples didn't discolor at all - 3 days later, the salad still looks great. Perfect little fruit salad for the holidays!"
"Delicious! Great way to serve cranberries! Makes a huge amount of salad, though. Next time I'll be cutting the recipe in half. Thanks for sharing."
"Added one small package of jello (any flavor) to help it set up and to add some sweetness. Everyone loved it! Delicious!"