Creamy Cranberry Salad
One of my piano students taught me the perfect lesson in salad for the holidays. The keys are cranberries, pineapple, marshmallows and nuts. —Alexandra Lypecky, Dearborn, Michigan
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (thawed), chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients until blended.
- Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Just before
- serving, fold cream and walnuts into cranberry mixture. Yield: 16
- servings (1/2 cup each).