- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (thawed), chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients until blended. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Just before serving, fold cream and walnuts into cranberry mixture. Yield: 16 servings (1/2 cup each).
Reviews for Creamy Cranberry Salad
Sort By :
"I wonder if I could use the dried cranberrys - not to fond of the fresh or frozen kind?"
"I MAKE THIS SALAD EVERY YEAR FOR THANKSGIVING AND FOR CHRISTMAS. THE FAMILY LOVE IT!"
"First made this years ago when seeing the Recipe on the Ocean Spray Fresh Cranberry package. The original recipe called only chopped apple and halved slice grapes. No pineapple. Great to remember this old recipe. I will make it again this Thanksgiving. When my boys were small they loved it....they did not know it had cranberries....just called the Pink Salad."
"I first brought this salad as my contribution to my family's Christmas potluck dinner in the 1990's. My family liked it so well that it became a tradition at our annual get-togethers. It is the perfect mixture of sweet & tangy. Really Really good! Since it is so simple to make, my aging mother took over the preparation as her contribution to our dinner. She always used a meat grinder to grind the cranberries instead of chopping them. I love the sound of the cranberries popping as they go through the grinder. If you don't have a grinder, make sure you chop them very well."