Creamy Cranberry Pineapple Gelatin Recipe
I picked up this recipe at the gas company when I was a teen in the fifties. I modified it slightly, entered it in a newspaper contest and won $100! It was a delight to our family's taste buds.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:6 servings
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 package (3 ounces) pineapple gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring orange juice to a boil. Place gelatin in a small bowl; add orange juice and stir until dissolved. Refrigerate until slightly thickened.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add cranberry sauce; beat until smooth. Beat in gelatin mixture. Pour into six 1/2-cup gelatin molds coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Unmold onto serving plates. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 227 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC