Creamy Cranberry Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1-1/4 cups jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Ground nutmeg
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Spread cranberry sauce over bottom of pie crust; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, juice concentrate and pudding mix. In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into ice cream mixture. Pour over cranberry sauce; sprinkle with nutmeg. Freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 359 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Cranberry Ice Cream Pie
"This is delicious and easy. Be aware, IT MAKES 2 PIES!!!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.