Creamy Cranberry Ice Cream Pie
Vanilla ice cream and vanilla pudding make a creamy, delicious duo in this festive pie. Cranberry sauce adds the right balance of tartness and sweetness for a flavor combination that's sure to wow. —Mary LaJoie, Glenoma, Washington
8 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + freezing
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1-1/4 cups jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Ground nutmeg
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line
- unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at
- 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or
- until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread cranberry sauce over bottom of pie crust; set aside. In a
- large bowl, combine the ice cream, juice concentrate and pudding
- mix. In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into
- ice cream mixture. Pour over cranberry sauce; sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before
- slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 359 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.