Creamy Cranberry Ice Cream Pie Recipe
Vanilla ice cream and vanilla pudding make a creamy, delicious duo in this festive pie. Cranberry sauce adds the right balance of tartness and sweetness for a flavor combination that's sure to wow. —Mary LaJoie, Glenoma, Washington
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1-1/4 cups jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Ground nutmeg
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Spread cranberry sauce over bottom of pie crust; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, juice concentrate and pudding mix. In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into ice cream mixture. Pour over cranberry sauce; sprinkle with nutmeg. Freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 359 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Cranberry Ice Cream Pie
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC