Vanilla ice cream and vanilla pudding make a creamy, delicious duo in this festive pie. Cranberry sauce adds the right balance of tartness and sweetness for a flavor combination that's sure to wow. —Mary LaJoie, Glenoma, Washington
Featured In: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1-1/4 cups jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Ground nutmeg
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread cranberry sauce over bottom of pie crust; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, juice concentrate and pudding mix. In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into ice cream mixture. Pour over cranberry sauce; sprinkle with nutmeg. Freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Ice Cream Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p124
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Cranberry Ice Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2012
"This is delicious and easy. Be aware, IT MAKES 2 PIES!!!"