Creamy Cranberry Gelatin
Looking for a tasty take-along for holiday potlucks? Consider this colorful contribution from Collette Burch of Edinburg, Texas. The sweet-tart salad can be started the day before your event.
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine the cranberries and sugar; cover and refrigerate
- for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberry mixture and gelatin. Cook
- and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved; cool. Fold in the
- yogurt and whipped topping. Pour into a 2-qt. serving bowl. Sprinkle
- with pecans. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Yield: 10
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with 1 cup sugar, sugar-free gelatin, fat-free yogurt and reduced-fat whipped topping) equals 204 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 fat.