Looking for a tasty take-along for holiday potlucks? Consider this colorful contribution from Collette Burch of Edinburg, Texas. The sweet-tart salad can be started the day before your event.
Featured In: Who Knew You Could Do That with Jello?
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine the cranberries and sugar; cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberry mixture and gelatin. Cook and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved; cool. Fold in the yogurt and whipped topping. Pour into a 2-qt. serving bowl. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Cranberry Gelatin in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p42
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Cranberry Gelatin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2013
"This recipe did not make much. Was I supposed to add water to the jello when cooking the cranberies?"