Creamy Cranberry Gelatin Recipe
Looking for a tasty take-along for holiday potlucks? Consider this colorful contribution from Collette Burch of Edinburg, Texas. The sweet-tart salad can be started the day before your event.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a bowl, combine the cranberries and sugar; cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberry mixture and gelatin. Cook and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved; cool. Fold in the yogurt and whipped topping. Pour into a 2-qt. serving bowl. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Cranberry Gelatin in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p42
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Cranberry Gelatin(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2013
This recipe did not make much. Was I supposed to add water to the jello when cooking the cranberies?
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Cranberry Jello Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Salad Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >
- Jello Salad Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >