Creamy Cranberry Cheesecake Recipe
- 9 whole cinnamon graham crackers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Combine the cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheeses, sour cream and remaining sugar until smooth. Add egg whites; beat on low just until combined. Stir in lemon juice and extracts. Pour into crust.
- 3. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place in a larger baking pan. Add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 4. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until center is just set. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Remove foil. Chill overnight.
- 5. In a small saucepan, combine the first five topping ingredients; bring to a boil. Add cranberries. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 10 minutes. Stir in pecans; cool. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- 6. Spoon topping over cheesecake to within 1 in. of edges. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 269 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.