- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheeses, sour cream and remaining
- sugar until smooth. Add egg whites; beat on low just until combined.
- Stir in lemon juice and extracts. Pour into crust.
- Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in.
- square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place in a larger baking
- pan. Add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until center is just set. Remove pan from
- water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a
- knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Remove foil.
- Chill overnight.
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five topping ingredients;
- bring to a boil. Add cranberries. Cook over medium heat until
- berries pop, about 10 minutes. Stir in pecans; cool. Cover and chill
- for at least 1 hour.
- Spoon topping over cheesecake to within 1 in. of edges. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 269 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.