- 9 whole cinnamon graham crackers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Combine the cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheeses, sour cream and remaining sugar until smooth. Add egg whites; beat on low just until combined. Stir in lemon juice and extracts. Pour into crust.
- Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place in a larger baking pan. Add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until center is just set. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Remove foil. Chill overnight.
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five topping ingredients; bring to a boil. Add cranberries. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 10 minutes. Stir in pecans; cool. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Spoon topping over cheesecake to within 1 in. of edges. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Cranberry Cheesecake
Sort By :
I would like to add that I have never tried the cranberry topping. My rating is for the cheesecake only. In my opinion, the cheesecake is so good that it doesn't need a topping.
I have made this cheesecake recipe more times than I can remember since I first saw it in the Fall 2005 issue of Light and Tasty magazine. It is easy to make and is fabulous, rich and creamy. I would never have believed it is low fat. Everyone that tries it says how delicious it is. I have given numerous copies to friends. To keep your cheesecake from cracking you need to leave the cream cheese, sour cream and egg whites set at room temperature for 30 minutes.
More Recipe Collections
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >